Silk Nail Courses
Silk Nail Courses – The fiberglass and silk nail course is the perfect course to complete after manicure or as part of the complete nail technician course. Students must have a recognised manicure qualification before attending the course which is suitable for both beginners or for existing nail technicians simply just wanting to update their skills and knowledge.
The course will cover everything from the basic natural silk overlay and nail repair, tip application and blending, fiberglass and silk application, maintenance and removals.
Earn up to £25 per hour by offering silk nail services (that’s a potential earning of £1000 a week!)
Our silk nail courses offer the most comprehensive learning structure around.
The nail industry has continued to grow over the past few years with more woman having nail treatments on a regular basis. Completing our silk nail courses is a great way to build a residual business as clients return every 3 – 4 weeks for their nail treatments. There are 340 million client visits across the nail industry each year (six per person per year), with the average household spend on nail services of £161, start learning to start earning!
BUY YOUR FIBERGLASS & SILK NAIL COURSES TODAY and get instant access to online course material including full detailed silk course manual, online tutorial videos and much more! Why Wait? Start learning TODAY!
Fiberglass and Silk Nail Course – What’s Included
Our fiberglass and silk nail courses offer a comprehensive learning experience. The course includes:
- A details, step by step course manual and access to your online manual TODAY!
- Full demonstration tutorial video accessible online from any desktop, mobile or tablet computer. Simply purchase the fiberglass and silk nail course and get instant access TODAY!
- A practical day training with an experienced industry tutor in one of our locations nationwide
- Review day, 4 to 8 weeks after your practical training day allowing you to discuss any support issues with your tutor and gain accreditation
- A FULLY ACCREDITED silk course and qualification allowing you to gain insurance to work on the paying public. Get your certificate on successful completion!
- REAL SUPPORT which is continual support before, during and after your course
Silk Nail Courses Overview
The course structure offers both distance learning and practical training combined. Working at your own pace, our unique online student portal, which is accessible as soon as you purchase your course, provides a full demonstration video, course manual and student support systems allowing you to start learning straight away! You then attend the practical training day to further enforce what your have already learnt and spend time with your tutor who will guide you before attending a review day typically 4 – 8 weeks after the practical training day to gain your qualification.
We believe in continually supporting our students before, during and after each course. We have invested heavily in a unique infrastructure which allows us to support students (through email and Facebook) long after they have completed our courses and are pleased to be the Next Step in our student careers.
During the practical training day you will work with the college training stock, equipment and products so no kit is required to attend however we do recommend you purchase a starter kit from us for home study. You can purchase a kit at anytime either online or by contacting us.
All students work on one another during the practical training day as we believe it is important to not only carry out the treatment but also to experience the treatment yourself, so we ask all students to attend with no nail extensions on or nail polish.
A detailed course manual will also be provided through your student portal which is yours to download, print and make notes on during the course, if theory and written work is not your strong point then do not panic as this manual will provide you with everything you need to know. We are there to support you during your training so if additional support is needed please let us know.
On completion of the course you will be able to begin working in the industry straight away either setting up your own business or working for someone else.
The course gives you a recognised qualification so you are able to work as a professional technician within the industry, gaining your public liability insurance and working on the paying public.
Structure of the fiberglass and silk course practical days:
- Theory and practical training on fiberglass and silk nail extensions (1 day 9am – 3pm)
- Review day (4-8 weeks later 1 day 9am – 3pm)
Fiberglass & Silk Nail Courses Content
- Health and safety procedures
- Health and Safety
- Hygiene- sterilisation and sanitation
- Industry professionalism
- Client consultation
- Curves and structure of a nail extension
- Contra-indications to nail extensions
- Contra-actions to a nail treatment
- Product knowledge
- Tip application and blending
- Benefits of fibreglass and silk
- Disadvantages of Silk/Fibreglass
- Differences between fibreglass and silk
- Application of natural silk overlay and fibreglass extension overlay
- Aftercare procedures
- Infill and maintenance procedures
- Marketing strategies
Fiberglass and Silk Nail Courses – Entry Requirements
You will be required to hold a recognised manicure certificate to attend the courses however no previous experience or knowledge about acrylic nails is required. Please note if you do not hold a manicure certificate you can complete this with us or another recognised training provider however without it you will not be able to gain insurance.
Qualification & Insurance
Fiberglass and Silk Nail Courses Qualification
Our fiberglass and silk nail courses are FULLY ACCREDITED so on successfully completion of the course you will be awarded with the Next Step Beauty Diploma which enables you to obtain insurance.
Fiberglass and Silk Nail Course Insurance
Our fiberglass and silk nail courses are fully accredited with BABTAC. On successful completion of the course a Next Step Beauty Diploma certificate will be issued and a photocopy of this will be required by the insurance company to process your application of insurance. We have partnered with leading insurance companies to offer you comprehensive insurance. For more information about acrylic nail insurance click on the insurance button at the bottom of the page.