Tips for Applying and Maintaining Eyelash Extensions
Best eyelash extensions will enhance the appearance of a woman by providing a beautiful and youthful look to the eyes. Mascara and false lashes have become outdated with the arrival of top quality eyelash extensions and they are light weight in comparison with false lashes. False lashes will make a woman feel heavy on the eye area. The fact that the longevity of the best eyelash extensions will be around 3 months makes it all the more endearing to a huge number of women. The important thing is that the eyelash extensions will have to be applied with great amount of care and attention to get the maximum result.
Here are some tips to apply eyelash extensions in the most effective manner:
- After washing the eyelashes, a washcloth can be used to remove the dirt and the remnants of makeup. The eyelashes should be dry at the time of applying extensions.
- A white adhesive tape or pad can be used to cover the bottom eyelashes and the best eyelash extensions kit will contain a tape or a gel pad for the same purpose. This method will keep the eyelid in a closed position and it will be much easier to work on the individual lashes.
- All the individual upper lashes should be kept separated by combing them and it is always advisable to keep the eyes closed to make sure the proper positioning of the eyelashes.
- After having taken out the adhesive on a smooth surface, an individual eyelash should be held with the help of tweezers and the glue or adhesive should be applied on the lash by dragging it through the glue.
- The extension should be pasted on the natural lash by gentle brushing and a distance of 1 to 2 mm from the eyelid will have to be kept at the time of pasting the extension on the real lash.
- It is always advisable to start the process with the lashes situated at the inner corner of the eye and it should be completed with the last lash situated on the outer corner of the upper lid. Finally, the gel pad or tape can be removed from the lower lid.
Tips for maintaining the best eyelash extensions
- During the first 24 hours, the lashes should be kept dry and attempts to touch the lashes with hands should not be encouraged.
- Unwanted exposure to water or steam should be avoided because it will not allow the adhesive to function well. Activities like swimming should be avoided up to 48 hours.
- Using mascara and other types of oily products should be discouraged and mechanical eyelash curler should never be used because it will adversely affect the glue bonding on the extensions.
- Other factors include heavy eye makeup, constant exposure to chlorinated water (swimmers), regular facials and over exposure to steam room can also affect the longevity of the best eyelash extensions.