The Best Way to Wash Your Hair
Now you might be a little surprised that I need to write a blog post on how to wash your hair – surely it’s easy? Well apparently not.
Hair dressers and health professionals believe that a high proportion of people are not washing their hair properly for the best results for either your hair or your scalp. Therefore take a look at this handy hair washing guide to make sure you’re doing it right.
1. Wet your hair and scalp with warm water. Your hair has to be completely saturated before you apply any shampoo to it.
2. Squeeze some shampoo into your hand. Now if you have shoulder length hair, you should be using a blob of shampoo a little larger than a 50 pence piece. If your hair is longer or thick, use a little more but if you have short or fine hair, use less. Using too much shampoo can lead to greasy hair whilst too little might not remove dirt and styling residues.
3. Apply the shampoo evenly to your hair, add a little water to work into a lather and massage it into your scalp too. Be vigorous to your hair, without causing damage but gentle on your scalp. The aim is to remove build up from styling products, everyday dirt and grime and any dead skin cells from your scalp.
4. Thoroughly rinse your hair with warm water. It’s best to use the shower to do this instead of trying to thoroughly clean your hair in the bath.
5. When all shampoo has been removed, you can apply your favourite conditioner if required. Alternatively give your hair a final rinse with cold water to bring out it’s natural shine.
And there you have it, clean hair and a healthy scalp.