Sometimes the best nights out are the unexpected, unplanned ones. Some of the best nights out I’ve had with my friends have been when we’ve gone straight from work for a couple of drinks or an impromptu meal. However sometimes people don’t feel comfortable going out straight from work due to their clothing. It is true that you can usually tell by what people are wearing whether they came straight from work or not but the key to pulling off the ‘office-to-out’ look is to have a few select pieces in your desk drawer or work locker.
- A Scarf – a reasonably short, patterned, summer weight scarf is one of my essential office-to-out pieces due to its versatility. The scarf can be used to replace a belt for a more relaxed look with a pair of work trousers, can be tied around the neck as a cute neckerchief or used on your head to create a hairband.
- Some Hair Grips – an ‘up-do’ is ideal for a night out so whatever style you wore to work, you can easily alter it to create an more glamorous evening look. Simply create a chic bun or tousled on top of your head do by strategically placing a few hair grips in your hair.
- A Choker – this simple piece of jewellery can really jazz up your work outfit for a night on the town. A mesh or leather cord choker with some sort of sparkling centre-piece is ideal.
- A Pair of Heels – heels instantly add a touch of sophistication to any outfit so keep a pair of simple black stiletto heels at work – they’re sure go with any outfit.
- A Clutch Bag – a large handbag is a sure sign that you came straight from the office or keep a clutch bag handy at work instead. Simply add all your going out essentials for the evening and then pick up the rest of your things from work in the morning.
So there you have it, a few easy to store items that will come in handy for a night on the town with your colleagues.